The gifts of nature are abundant, offering us freedom and connection to boost our mental health and physical wellbeing. In fact, time spent in nature expands the mind and sharpens thinking.
One of the lessons we can learn from nature is that there is no such thing as perfection, so why do we command perfection from ourselves? No tree or flower is perfect but we accept them as they are. Basking in the beauty of nature, allows us to take the pressure off ourselves and maintain our present moment awareness.
Getting away from high-rise buildings, technology and noise pollution on a regular basis makes you happier, calmer and more grounded. It also has a significant impact on reducing stress and anxiety, while increasing creativity. When we get out in nature, we find a natural rhythm with our surroundings as time slows down. Next time you’re out in nature, allow yourself to be guided by the sun rising and setting.
How To Reconnect With Nature & Yourself
- Buy a plant for your desk
- Watch a sunrise or sunset
- Plant your own garden or a community garden
- Have a picnic in the park
- Go for a hike and listen to the sounds of nature
- Take vacations in nature
- Do yoga on the beach
- Look up at the stars
- Meditate by the ocean
- Relax on a park bench with an inspiring book
- Take a mindful walk in the park and notice the vibrancy of colors and textures
- Hug a tree
- Bird watch
- Walk barefoot on the grass
Nature is free and gives us the space to let go of our ruminating thoughts and reconnect with ourselves.
Do you need help reducing stress? Click here to book a session with me.