Every day we make choices that will either support or worsen our health and wellbeing. The food you eat today impacts how you’ll live tomorrow. Food is supposed to be nourishing and pleasurable. Every time you eat, it’s an act of self-care but everything you put into your body is a choice you make and will have a direct impact on your mood, energy and health.
While eating on the go can seem like a time saver for busy people, it can actually have a detrimental effect on your digestive system leading to an upset stomach, heartburn, nausea, constipation or diarrhea. A healthy gut is the foundation for optimal health and wellbeing.
Thankfully a whole food plant-based diet helps your body receive the right nutrition through adsorption, digestion and elimination.
By adding a few small changes one step at a time, you can help improve your health right now. Start by replacing unhealthy foods with healthy whole food alternatives.
12 Healthy Food Swaps
- Avocado or home made apple sauce instead of butter
- Whole fruit instead of juice
- Plant milk instead of dairy
- Cinnamon instead of sugar
- Veggie bowls instead of burritos
- Garden salad with walnuts instead of fries
- Mary’s Gone Crackers “Super Seed Everything” instead of chips
- Raw trail mix instead of candy
- Brown rice or quinoa instead of white rice
- Frozen bananas instead of ice-cream
- Cacao instead of cocoa
- Homemade energy balls instead of cookies
Would you like to add more plant-based foods to your diet? Book a coaching session with me here